You’ve probably never heard of mycotoxins unless your health has been directly affected by them. Mycotoxins are toxic secondary metabolites produced by Fungi organisms. These toxins can colonize on dietary and environmental sources which humans may come in contact with. If exposed to excessive amounts of mycotoxins, an individual may become ill or even risk death. Examples of how an individual may come into contact with these toxins include the consumption of spoiled or contaminated foods, or working in an environment that holds mold and airborne mold spores and contaminants.
Mycotoxins are particularly inflammatory to the liver’s normal detoxification capacity. When the natural detoxification process is impaired, an individual may become more susceptible to multiple toxicities during the time.
Mycotoxin symptoms are often general or vague, and difficult to associate with a diagnosis or disease state, and, therefore, may be overlooked during clinical assessments. That being said, given the possible interaction sites mentioned above, if an individual is experiencing some of these symptoms regularly, mycotoxin exposure could be the cause:
- Muscle weakness
- Sleep problems
- Poor memory, difficulty finding words
- Slower reaction time
- Vision changes
- Difficulty concentrating
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, and/or bloating
- Unusual skin sensations, tingling, and numbness Increased urinary frequency or increased thirst
- Disorientation and/or dizziness
- Static shocks or metallic taste in the mouth
- Fatigue and weakness
- Chronic burning in the throat and nasal passages
- Coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath
- Loss of balance
- Depression and/or anxiety
- Skin rashes
- Eye irritation or tearing of the eyes
- Headache and/or light sensitivity
- Hearing loss
- Heightened sensitivity to chemicals and foods
- Irregular heartbeat
- Morning stiffness and/or joint pain
The Mycotoxin at-home test analyzes for over 30 different mycotoxin types and can detect the presence of molecules as small as 5 pcg. Treatment of mycotoxin exposure should include a holistic approach to eradicate the mold from the individual. A variety of natural supplements and therapies exist as effective means to flushing mycotoxins from the body and help the body’s chemical state.
The At-Home Testing Process
All our at-home testing is overseen by a trained medical professional who will assess your test results and discuss them with you when available. The lab breakdown is always included with any test purchased from The Epigenetics Healing Center and patients should plan on 3-4 weeks from when the results are mailed off to have these conversations. Based upon the test and the corresponding results, our team will be able to diagnose, give insight on possible disease risk, and plan for ways to best optimize your health moving forward.
- Click the “Get Started” link below
- Create a new account
- Verify your email address
- Create a patient account & fill in details
- Sign in to the portal
- Accept invitation and Terms & Conditions
Click here for help creating an account in the testing portal
Already have an account? Log in below.
Are you ready to restore your life?