Fibromyalgia is a pain syndrome that effects all over your body. It’s diagnosed by symptoms, and it really does affect you. People with fibro really have a decreased quality of life, and it’s terrible to see because you still have all of your organs intact. You still look like you’re normal. You look fine, but you’re in bad pain. Some people don’t even believe it’s real! “Oh, Fibromyalgia doesn’t exist.” Yes, it does. I’ve seen a whole lot of people come in here with tremendous pain, and it is Fibromyalgia and it does exist. It’s not in your head, and I want you to know that. I want you to know that I do feel bad for you, and I’d love to help you change your condition.
– Dr. Goodbinder
Characteristics of Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a painful disorder that affects an estimated 5.8 million Americans. It is characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain accompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
Some of the symptoms of fibromyalgia include:
- Chronic muscle pain, muscle tightness, or muscle spasms
- Insomnia or feeling as if you’ve gotten no sleep
- Moderate to severe fatigue and decreased energy
- Mental Fog – Difficulty remembering, concentrating or performing simple mental tasks
- Stiffness or soreness, especially after walking or after staying in one position for too long
- Tension or migraine headaches
- Abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, and constipation – similar to irritable bowel syndrome
Anxiousness and depression
Contact the Epigenetics Healing Center to see if you have symptoms of Fibromyalgia.
Dr. Jay Goodbinder ND DC DABCI is a doctor in Overland Park, KS who serves patients in surrounding Kansas City areas, cities across the United States, and in several countries around the world.