Get your veggies in with this delicious and wholesome Mediterranean chopped salad recipe. Made from fresh and colorful ingredients, this salad will boost your energy and fill you up. Packed with flavor, it is the perfect dish to bring to a backyard BBQ or picnic with the family. Follow the recipe to keep this Mediterranean salad Paleo and vegan, or top it with grilled chicken or another protein to make it even more filling.
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- red wine vinegar
- dijon mustard
- pure maple syrup, optional (omit for Whole30)
- dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- greens of your choice (romaine, mixed greens, etc)
- English cucumber
- red onion
- grape or cherry tomatoes
- pitted Kalamata olives
- dairy-free feta cheese (such as Violife)
- chopped fresh parsley
- Make the dressing first. In a mixing bowl or mason jar, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- If using a lidded mason jar, you can close it tightly and shake together the ingredients.
- Assemble the salad in a large bowl by placing the chopped lettuce or greens first, then arranging lines of the remaining ingredients on top of the chopped lettuce.
- To serve, drizzle the dressing over the salad and garnish with parsley. Top with grilled chicken or another protein if desired.
Are you ready to restore your life?
Dr. Jay Goodbinder ND DC DABCI is a doctor in Kansas City, MO who serves patients in the surrounding Kansas City areas, cities across the United States, and in several countries around the world.