The fall season calls for sweet treats, and this paleo diet cookie delivers that. This grain-free banana cookie recipe packs a punch with nutrients. You’ve just found your new favorite morning grab-and-go snack.
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced (+ slices for topping, optional)
- 1/2 cup almond butter (can sub peanut butter if not paleo)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the banana slices, almond butter, water, and vanilla to a large bowl and beat with electric beaters until mostly smooth. Add the almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and beat until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, walnuts, coconut, and raisins.
- Drop the dough (it will be sticky) into 12 equal mounds on the baking sheets. Press a banana slice into the top of each cookie to flatten it out a little.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden then remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool.
Dr. Jay Goodbinder ND DC DABCI is a doctor in Kansas City, MO who serves patients in the surrounding Kansas City areas, cities across the United States, and in several countries around the world.