Perfectly simple and delicious Paleo Pumpkin Bread that’s great alone as a breakfast bread or toasted with butter or nut butter. Packed with sweet pumpkin spice flavor, it’s hearty yet tender and moist and contains no dairy, refined sugar or grains.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings 10 servings
Calories 198 kcal
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk *See Note for how I prepare
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch fine grain sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a medium loaf pan** (I used this 8.5×4.5″ one) with parchment paper, with a couple of inches overlapping for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, creamy coconut milk*, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt
- Slowly and gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. If desired, you can add in raisins, chocolate chips, or nuts (or leave it plain like I did – you can use it for french toast – coming soon!)
- Transfer all the batter into the prepared loaf pan, scraping the bowl with a spatula to use every drop. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, and the top is deep golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit in the loaf pan for about 5 minutes. Then, hold each side of the parchment paper to gently remove the loaf (it will stay in the parchment paper) to cool on a wire rack.
- Allow the loaf to cool untouched for 2 hours before slicing. Enjoy!
*I take a chilled can of full-fat coconut milk, discard half the “water” and blend up the rest before adding to the recipe
**I used a Wilton medium loaf pan which is 8.5″x4.5″ but you can also use a standard 9 x 5
Jay Goodbinder DC DABCI is a doctor in Overland Park, KS who serves patients in surrounding Kansas City areas, cities across the United States, and in several countries around the world.