This recipe for paleo friendly Reese’s Cups is simple, delicious, and a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without the added guilt. This is a treat for the whole family and another great way to get everyone on-board with healthy eating. Careful, you’ll find yourself eating many of them because of their small size. They’re nearly indistinguishable from the real deal!
Paleo Reese’s Cups Ingredients
- 1 Cup Smooth Almond Butter (or peanut butter if not strict Paleo)
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
Paleo Reese’s Cups Directions
- Place almond butter, oil, and honey in a small saucepan and heat on the stovetop over low heat, stirring constantly until melted.
- Slowly stir in shredded coconut until evenly combined if you have decided to include this ingredient.
- Divide the completed mixture into each opening of a mini muffin tin (fills 12 openings).
- Place the chocolate chips in the glass bowl and place the bowl over a pot of simmering hot water, creating a double boiler.
- Stir the chocolate constantly over the hot water until it is completely melted.
- Pour melted chocolate on top of each muffin tin then place the tin in the freezer for about an hour.
- Take muffin tin out of the freezer.
- Carefully scrape a knife around the edges and the peanut butter cups will pop out fairly easy.
Jay Goodbinder DC DABCI is a doctor in Overland Park, KS who serves patients in surrounding Kansas City areas, cities across the United States, and in several countries around the world.