Smoothies are good any time of the year, but something about the summer months just screams that you need a refreshing fruit-focused drink in your hand. This simple ingredient, high flavored smoothie is full of healthy fats, good proteins, and a delicious taste that will keep you coming back for more. Perfect for a morning, afternoon, or evening treat, this cherry-center smoothie is sure to be your new go-to quick fix.
- 1/3 cup frozen avocado
- 1/3 cup frozen banana
- 1/4 cup frozen cherries or other fruit
- 1/2 cup paleo-friendly unsweetened yogurt like Kite Hill unsweetened Greek Style almond milk yogurt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (optional)
- 2 scoops chocolate collagen protein or plant-based chocolate protein powder of choice (for a vegan option)*
- Place all ingredients in a small blender and blend well until smooth and creamy. I used a Nutribullet or Ninja personal blender for this smoothie.
- You can also easily double or triple the recipe and blend it in a larger blender. Serve right away and enjoy!
Are you ready to restore your life?
Dr. Jay Goodbinder ND DC DABCI is a doctor in Kansas City, MO who serves patients in the surrounding Kansas City areas, cities across the United States, and in several countries around the world.