- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 cups uncooked sweet potato, finely grated
- 2 tbsp coconut oil + 1 tsp for greasing the baking sheet
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2-3 sprigs green onion, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a lined baking sheet with oil
- Take the sweet potato and squeeze it with a paper towel to remove any excess liquid
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Begin rolling the mixture into small, slightly flattened poppers about one inch in diameter and place them on the cooking sheet
- Place in the oven for 25-28 minutes, flipping halfway through. Crisp further in a pan or place under the broiler if desired for 1-2 minutes to crisp further. Remove from the oven when thoroughly cooked through
- Allow to cool and serve with your favorite sauce!
Jay Goodbinder DC DABCI is a doctor in Overland Park, KS who serves patients in surrounding Kansas City areas, cities across the United States, and in several countries around the world.