What is Parkinson’s Disease?
Parkinson’s disease is a neurodegenerative brain disorder that develops slowly but will last a lifetime. It is a progressive chronic disease, so its symptoms will only get worse without some type of treatment. Parkinson’s is an autoimmune disease that affects the basal ganglia and substantia nigra of the brain. Your own immune system is attacking itself. This progressive disorder of the nervous system typically affects movement.
Parkinson’s disease develops gradually, sometimes starting with a barely noticeable tremor in just one hand. But while a tremor may be the most well-known sign of Parkinson’s disease, the disorder also commonly causes stiffness or slowing of movement. The reason this disease is considered chronic is that there is no medication that will ever cure it. However, with appropriate lifestyle changes guided by laboratories that explore the function of the body, the condition can improve. Many times, the need for medications is decreased and can possibly be eliminated.
Common Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
- Muscular Symptoms: Stiff muscles, difficulty standing and walking, difficulty with bodily movements, involuntary movements, muscle rigidity, slow bodily movement, problems with coordination, or slow shuffling gait.
- Tremor Symptoms: Tremors can occur at rest, in the hands, limbs or can be postural.
- Cognitive Symptoms: Amnesia, confusion during evening hours, dementia or difficulty thinking or understanding.
- Sensory Symptoms: Loss in contrast sensory, distorted or loss sense of smell.
- Whole Body Symptoms: Fatigue, dizziness, poor balance or restlessness. Daytime sleepiness, early wakening, nightmares or restless sleep. Anxiety or apathy.
- Other Common Symptoms: Blank stare, constipation, depression, difficulty swallowing, drooling, falling, fear of falling, small handwriting, trembling, weight loss or unintentional writhing.
Common symptoms of Parkinson’s disease are wheel rigidity of the arm. A symptom where you can’t get your arms to unstick. You may be rolling pills in your hand or have issues with forgetfulness. There may be many musculoskeletal symptoms that prevent you from doing what you want to do by intention.
These movements are called intention tremors – when you go to reach for something your hands start shaking. This happens because the part of your brain that controls your actions are under attack by your immune system.
Can I Treat My Parkinson’s Naturally?
The real natural solution for Parkinson’s is to change your lifestyle because currently, the medical community only treats your dopamine levels. They just say “you are low in dopamine so we are going to give you more; we are going to give you the synthetic L-dopa.” But, to truly heal Parkinson’s you need to optimize your entire life, optimize your whole body. You get an entire program and a plan together so you’re not spinning your wheels anymore and you get a chance to say, very black and white; these are the issues your body is dealing with right now, these are the issues in your lifestyle if you want to improve your health and decrease your chance of having Parkinson disease anymore, the idea is to optimize everything. That would be the way I suggest to go about it.
Optimize your life
- Understand what your body is dealing with
- Develop a plan to heal the entire body
- Decrease the chance of having Parkinson’s
Is Parkinson’s Disease Hereditary?
Parkinson’s disease is hereditary. Meaning somebody has had it and it’s in your genetic code to have it. But as we know through studies and epigenetics, we don’t express all of our genes. We have a billion genes and at any point in time we only express a handful. When we are born we express a handful, you didn’t have Parkinson’s when you were born, it happened later in life. It was lifestyle driven, it was something like stressed placed upon you, though not necessarily emotional, it could be physiologic as well. It could be toxins and other things can force your body to adapt to the stressor and create a reading of the genetic code that creates Parkinson’s. If we can stop those Parkinson’s genes from being unraveled it doesn’t matter what your heredity or genetic predisposition is. What matters is whether you express those genes or not. So yes it is hereditary, but do you have to have it? No.
The Danger of Not Treating Your Parkinson’s Disease
The danger of not treating your Parkinson’s disease is that it is just going to become more and more progressive. Ultimately, having Parkinson’s means there is something internally going wrong in your body specifically in your brain. Unfortunately, there are no known causes for this disease although all of the research points to something within the human genes.
Some people may tell you medicines and pills can help manage the symptoms, but actually figuring out why your body is reacting in such a way is most important. Looking at the way your body functions as well as studying your genetics can help determine which ways you should heal your Parkinson’s.
By examining your genetic code, the Epigenetics Healing Center can begin to understand your body’s functions and then give you the lifestyle changes you need to reverse the effects of Parkinson’s. Some of the lifestyle changes they may recommend include:
- Healthy eating and dietary changes
- Exercise and living a more active life
- Avoiding falls by changing the way you pivot and walk
- Techniques for carrying out everyday activities
Parkinson’s Disease Home Remedies
Take control of your chronic disease, and schedule an appointment with Dr. Goodbinder at The Epigenetics Healing Center today. In the meantime, there are ways you can begin to address some of the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. Consider using these home remedies to begin self-healing your chronic disease:
- Yoga or tai chi to increase flexibility and balance
- Pet, music, or art therapy to improve emotional health and improve happiness
- Massage treatments to combat stiffness and muscle ache
Dr. Goodbinder’s Method
At The Epigenetics Healing Center, Dr. Goodbinder will figure out the best solutions to manage your Parkinson’s disease symptoms. He will study, your bloodwork and how well your body functions. Then, he will provide the lifestyle changes you need in order to properly heal your disease. Not everyone is alike, and everyone’s disease is different. Trust the professionals at The Epigenetics Healing Center to find solutions beyond the pills and prescription medications. Call today to schedule your appointment.