- 5-6 cups of cauliflower florets (about 3-4 cups when “riced’)
- 2- 3 tbsp curry powder or curry seasoning (turmeric should is usually included in the curry seasoning/powder)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil for roasting
- 3/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 8 kale leaves with stems removed and chopped
- 2 cups (5oz) chopped carrots
- 4 cups broth (vegetable or chicken if not vegan)
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk (the drinking kind works best and is smoother).
- 1/2 tsp red pepper or chili flakes (use less if you don’t want as spicy)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste after cooked.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, toss your cauliflower florets with the curry powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and 3 tbsp oil.
- Spread the cauliflower florets on a baking dish or roasting pan. Place in oven and roast for 20 -22 minutes until tender but not overcooked. slightly under cooked.
- Remove and set aside.
- While the cauliflower is cooling, prep the rest of your veggies but chopping them up on cutting board.
- Next place cauliflower florets in a food processor or blender and pulse a few times until the cauliflower is “riced.” See picture in post.
- Once all the cauliflower is riced and kale/veggies are chopped, prepare your cooking pot.
- Place onion, 2 tsp oil, and minced garlic in large stock pot. Sautee for 5 minutes until fragant.
- Next add in your broth, milk, veggies, cauliflower “rice,” and the red chili pepper and black pepper.
- Bring to a quick boil (make sure milk does get too hot), then simmer for another 20 minutes or so until veggies are all cooked. .
- Add dash of sea salt if desired once ready to serve.
- Garnish with herbs and nut/seed crackers crumbles..
Feel free to use other veggies besides kale and carrots. All work great.
I found that almond milk works great in this recipe. Keeps it light and smooth.