Coconut Flour Tortillas
Yields: twelve 8” tortillas
- 2 1/2 Cups Almond Milk or Coconut Milk
- 4 large Organic Eggs
- 2 Cups Tapioca Flour Starch
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (optional, but recommended when using tortillas for sweet crepes)
1. Heat an 8” frying pan over medium heat. Depending on the type of pan you are using, you may want to melt a 1/2 tsp of coconut oil to ensure the tortillas don’t stick.
2. In a mixing bowl, add together the almond milk and eggs. Blend or whisk well.
Add the remaining ingredients and continue mixing until there are no clumps of flour.
*Ensure the pan is well heated before moving forward*
3. Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, scoop the mix and pour onto the center of the pan. Quickly rotate your wrists and tilt the pan until the mixture covers the entire bottom. This will create an 8” tortilla.
4. After a minute or so you will see the edges starting to lift. Using a wide spatula, flip the tortilla. Cook until golden brown and flip once more to brown the first side.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool on a baking rack.
6. Add a tiny amount of coconut oil to your pan and begin again.
This recipe makes twelve 8” coconut flour tortillas. These can be served immediately, stored in the refrigerated for 2 weeks or in the freezer for longer.